Sunday 2 September 2012

The Adventure Begins Tomorrow!!!


Look at that weather forecast: it's heaven to my eyes! It's hard to predict what each day will be like because we obviously be moving on all the time, but just to know it's not going to be torrential downpours in the first week is ruddy brilliant. 

I've been making the most of my last day at home by coming to Mums house and being treated to an awesome roast lunch. Had to pop in to the shop on the way home to stock up on Deep Heat which I have a feeling will be being used excessively in the first couple of weeks, as I get used to the miles each day. I am under no illusions: it's gonna be a killer at the start but hopefully I'll build up some stamina as the days go on! 

Donations have hit £3,468 which is AMAZING!!! It's such an fantastic amount to have reached before I've even set off. I have to say it's been really fun these past few weeks organising the party and realising we raised a good amount and seeing some more great donations come in, it really makes the whole thing worth while. The £5,000 is now looking pretty doable and I really really want to reach that amount. There's still time to sponsor me before I start tomorrow if you can:


Right, my next update will be tomorrow evening when we reach Porlock. Please feel free to comment and say hi, I've just realised I had the wrong setting this whole time so now commenting should be open to everyone. 

V x









2 comments:

  1. Looks like you'll be getting more than just iron-thighs Vee! - Nietzsche says "All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Verity - you've demonstrated considerable vision and determination in this endeavour; I look forward to continual updates. Maybe you should open up sponsorship for Rudy as an additional revenue stream......

    Just try your absolute best to keep your feet dry (seriously) - the rest will then be easy (dry feet = happy feet). Oh, and the BBC Weather do the most accurate forecast - forget the Met' Office, they're hopeless (seriously).

    BTW, don't fancy delivering some mail on the way round do you ??? - just asking....

    ReplyDelete