Sunday 16 September 2012

Day 14 Rest Day

Wow, I can't believe I've already been walking for two weeks, over a quarter of the way through & 166 miles completed! It feels great, especially as the last week has been pretty tough going & next week should be a bit easier.

Bits I've loved: the scenery (obviously), widlife walking with Rudy, family & friends & complete strangers, finding out the amazing generosity of people I've just met!

Bits that are hard: the rucksack, I have a love/hate relationship with it, I love the fact it makes me look like a really serious hiker & it means a lot more people stop & chat to me. Also you have all your stuff in it so are good to go whatever happens. On the other hand it's HEAVY! And it makes me sweat like hell up hills ... And in any hot weather actually. The days I haven't had to carry it have been a joy, I felt like I was flying. The other thing I have issues with (& anyone who knows me well enough will testify) I can't sleep in the damn tent. Cosy as it is,I find myself lying there for hours, very tired, which is frustrating when I know I have to be up and walking early!

Anyhoo, I've just said goodbye to Harry once again, having spent a day pottering about taking it easy around Padstow.

Off to Porthcothan in the morning.

V x


Sent from my Windows Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment