Sunday 16 September 2012

Day 13 Port Isaac to Padstow 11.25 miles

Not a very long walk today. I set off from Port "home of Doc Martin" Isaac about 9am by myself, on solo Saturday as I like to call it.

The scenery was incredible! The first few miles to Port Quin were through a few steep valleys but it was worth it, I'm pretty sure i saw a pair of Peregrine Falcons on the cliffs being mobbed by crows which was awesome. The sea was bright turquoise and the hills were lovely and green and more importantly... Not too high or steep.

I reached Polzeath in time for lunch with Harry, after he had had his surf fix, although the water at Polzeath was soooo busy it was tough i think. I've walked past some great secret surf spots with only a couple of surfers on them but you have to scale down the cliffs to get there.

A couple more easy miles around the estuary to Rock & i jumped on the ferry to Padstow. I've been immediately struck by, firstly, the amount of tourists here!! And secondly it's very wealthy down here, really nice but i can't help thinking it will be nice to get back to the smaller places.

I wasn't tooooo happy when we got to the campsite to find it was £20 ! On a slope and we have to pay extra for showers, all in a very small field, but maybe I've been spoilt so far...? 

We've spent the evening exploring the town and looking forward to a rest day tomorrow!

V x

Sorry for masses of photos but it was so beautiful!

Sent from my Windows Phone

3 comments:

  1. matey - the more photos the better! keep em' coming! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog and photos are brilliant, Verity. I take my hat off to you for doing this incredible trek... "In every walk with nature one receives more than he seeks" (John Muir) I hope those random acts of kindness are still finding their way to you - especially in carbohydrate or sterling form! It was great to see you, Harry and (B)Rudy at the beachless :) Westward Ho! and i hope your next rest day is a sunny one. If you find you're having a hard-going, solo day in the weeks to come, listen to Fuel Up (Stornoway) on the iPod, i guarantee it'll spur you on ;)
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for tomorrow Verity. Keep your eyes open for choughs, lovely red bills and legs! I'll give you a ten pounds if you see one!!
    Georgina

    ReplyDelete