Saturday 22 September 2012

Day 20(!) St. Ives to Pendeen Watch 13.5 miles

It started out another beautiful day as I made my way back into town and around the corner past Porthmeor Beach. Immediately on the coast path its obvious why this is a hard stretch, the path is not so much a path but a jumble of rocks which you have to pick a way through.

Luckily this was made up for by the fact that the landscape was STUNNING!! If its possible to compare, the most gorgeous day yet. The water is so blue, and there were massive granite boulders so you had the beauty of the moor but with a perfect sea below. Incredible.

I made it to Zennor already feeling pretty tired what with the climbing exercise I was doing with the rucksack on. To be honest I'm just glad I didn't break my ankles. Actually my ankles really ached at the end of the day, I think from all the odd positions they were going in on the rocks. Past Zennor I stopped on a headland for lunch & a rest, which revived me although the weather had turned pretty cold. We went down past some old ruins and eventually ended up at Pendeen Lighthouse after a small beach and a reallllly cute shaggy cow calf.

Then the never enjoyable trek off the path to find the campsite/b&b, up a road for a mile on weary legs.

I'm now camped out the back of a pub, which is a bit odd, but I managed to grab some food in the pub without looking like too much of an oddball on my own on a Saturday night.

Back in the tent now looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow, I've booked a room at the pub for tomorrow night as I hear there's rain on the way, and I wanted to cotch back & chill, as there's not much to do in this 'ere village.

V x

Sent from my Windows Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment