Thursday 6 September 2012

Day 4 Combe Martin to Woolacombe

After my lovely evening with Linda & Roger at Little Meadow campsite (amazing btw) I was ready to go this morning nice & early.

Headed off towards Ilfracombe which was o.k apart the hill just before it, had s very early lunch there by the weird bucket Theatre. The problem with all these pretty seaside towns is that there's inevitably a huge hill out of it. Ilfracombe no exception.

To the small village of Lee were really nice wide meadows rolling towards the sea which were nice after the narrow coastal paths where my calves were scratched and stung by the vegetation.

After Lee was a well known bad patch with a few small valleys with steep steps up & down. Its here where my heavy pack is a right bugger as it weighs me down a hell of a lot. Although im getting used to the sweatiness now.

Further along we saw seals on the rocks before Morte Point which was cool ,& an excuse to stop for 20mins, at which point fell asleep on my foot ( true love - thru stank!)

A couple more miles & I made it to Woolecombe where I met melzie & harry (yay) who drove me up to the campsite. My feet & legs are absolutely killing me I hope they're a bit better by tomorrow! Although joy of joys harry is taking my rucksack in the car which is Amazing!!! I really can't explain how great that is.

Having a Barbie watching the sunset. Lifes sweet.

V x

Sent from my Windows Phone

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your day was successful. We walked to Heddon Mouth but didn't find Rudy's lead. We had a good day walking but are now at home. Hope all goes well over the next few days.
    Roger and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your progress so far Verity! It does get easier eventually!!!

    ReplyDelete