Monday 3 September 2012

Day 1 Minehead to Porlock

Well one day down, only 44 to go!

We set off this morning with Melze, Harry & Mum in tow. We waved goodbye to Mum after the steep climb up the hill out of Minehead.

Since then we've had some amazing weather! The sun was shining & there were incredible views with Exmoor to one side & the sea to the other. Just past the picturesque village of Bossington & before we knew it we were in Porlock.

We've seen loads of butterflies, bees, an adder and amazing colours in the gorse & heather on the moor, I couldn't have wished for a better first day. 

Feels great to have finished the first few miles, all the new kit has held up well. My gammy leg (left thigh) has been alright, only aching in the last couple of miles, I'm hoping its going to get stronger as I get further along.

After pitching the tents we are now in the pub for some well earned pints! We'll definitely sleep well tonight. Will be weird being all by myself tomorrow night! We'll see how tomorrow goes where the distance is nearly twice as far...

V x



Sent from my Windows Phone

2 comments:

  1. Your doing great V! Such an amazing thing your doing, very proud. All the best on the rest of your Adventure, look forward to reading more updates. Take care

    Laney

    XxxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep well tonight my angel child - I'll be with you in my heart every step of the way x

    ReplyDelete