Friday 7 September 2012

Day 5 Woolacombe to Braunton

Today I was walking with Melzie again with Harry seeing us off from Woolacombe after a fry up..!
Nice. Although sometimes a bit hard to walk after....

The walking was blissful along the beach to Puttsborough & around Baggy Point to Croyde. Melzie got to try out her new on-head camera so we had some fun filming with that. Again after Croyde the walking was easy & after a stop at Saunton Sands for a disgusting sandwich we started our LONG journey around Braunton Marsh which went on forever. The sun, which had been scorching all day without much shade, started to get to us a bit by the end and we were pretty happy to see Harry & Bev in Braunton after 15.5miles.

Staying in a back to basics campsite now so not much luxury, but I can hear the owls calling & the crackling of someones campfire so its all good. Have found the first five days pretty hard going & as well as not sleeping brilliantly in the tent has made me rather emotional in the evenings but I'm sure ill toughen up soon. Might treat myself to a night in a b & b tomorrow tho...!

Night. V x

Sent from my Windows Phone

3 comments:

  1. Message from Heather & Babie : Well done for lasting this long V - I'd have collapsed after Minehead!! Pace yourself, it takes as long as it takes, and go for that B&B, you need your rest x
    I hear you have a bit of company in the shape of Nick soon, that will raise your spirits I'm sure. I can't tell you how proud I am to have you as my niece, and darling Rudy too. Keep going! H x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey V,enjoying your blogs; you're doing brilliant,well done, we're even more jealous; keep it up! Love Jerry,Lou & Hats xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Verity keep on trekking. Love Linda & Roger

    ReplyDelete