Thursday 13 September 2012

Day 11 Bude to Boscastle

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... Today was tough!

Jake (a lady) from Cerenety dropped me back off in Bude at about 8.15am, and I set off along the easy path to Widemouth Bay. It was really nice to walk along the beach where we've been body boarding before.

Well that was my east bit over for the day as it was back to steep descents and ascents, and a couple of uphill bits on a b-road in the sun which were killer.

Back on the coast path and it was a rollercoaster but with incredible views and rocks beneath. Finally after about ten miles I reached Crackington Haven which was really cute. I bought a cold can of drink and lay on the grass for about 45 mins as I really needed a decent lunch break.

After a good rest we set off again & the path was much of the same stuff, pretty tough going. I went the wrong way into some gorse which was slightly annoying, legs got all scratched up.

I saw some seals below in the sea which was awesome as I'd been looking out for them for ages.

After a couple more steep valleys, I started the final bit into Boscastle where I met mum & I've never been so happy to see her! Lying in the hotel bed now, I'm in heaven! Really looking forward to walking with mum tomorrow!

V x

Sent from my Windows Phone

3 comments:

  1. So glad you have got a little bit of cosy comfort with a mummy and a duvet!
    if not for very long........
    Cant wait to see you! although I think I may need to get a tent. slightly essential one assumes.....

    Lots of Love and good luck for tomorrow xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Aunty G

    Hi V love keeping up to date with the blog and seeing all the fab photos. Say hello to Mum for me and don;t let her slow you down! You must be pretty fast up hills and she doesn't like them much, a bit like me. You are doing so well, take care and good luck , from Uncle D too.\

    Georgina with love X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Vee! Is that the start of a 'walker's tan' i see?!
    Melzie xx

    ReplyDelete