Tuesday 25 September 2012

Day 22 Pendeen Watch to Porthcurno 16 miles

After a nice rest yesterday I was happy to be walking again today around some of the most iconic landscape in England.

Early in the morning I passed Geevor Tin mine (now a museum) which was really interesting and great to have something else to look at. After this I took s right path which looked like it was the right one but the path got smaller and narrower and eventually started climbing over massive boulders which I could barely clamber over, it was at this point I decided I was on the wrong path & bailed out over the top of the cliff to find the actual (very wide & easy) path. Easily done.   

The scenery was really stunning again, and I watched a Kestel hunting parralel with me as I was on the cliff, it was awesome. I eventually came around to Sennen Cove which looked amazing, the sea was quite rough, no one was surfing. I had a good walk around the back of the beach on the dunes.

After picking up some lunch in Sennen and enjoying being around people for 1/2 hour I headed on round to Land's End! I had an official picture taken & it was great to look back and realise I have actually walked quite a long way!

The walking was beautiful around past Porthgwerra and onto Porthcurno, I got my first real taste of a proper rain shower for about 10 mins but dried out before I finished the days walk.

I walked down to Porthcurno village and waited in the pub for my cousin Lydia to arrive, she's going to be spending thr next couple of days with me which is amazing!

We just had a nice meal in the pub and are settling down in the tent in a loveli campsite!

V x

Sent from my Windows Phone

2 comments:

  1. Hi Verity and Rudy, glad to see you are still plodding along, Roger and I have been for a little walk today, we were thinking when you get to Exmouth maybe we can walk some of the path with you. Keep up the good work and keep blogging.
    Luv Linda and Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi linda & roger
    Great to hear from you! That would be lovely if you wanted to walk with me after Exmouth, I should be there around the 15th. I will keep in touch. Verity x

    ReplyDelete