Sunday 23 September 2012

Day 21 Rest Day

Well, there's no other way to put it, last night was horrendous. It got increasingly windy & rainy in the night so didn't get much sleep. In the morning the lightweight pegs kept coming out in the wind & the tent collapsing on me. Happily I had pre-empted the weather & booked a b&b room at the same pub so I just had to sit it out until midday when they let me in it!

Have spent most of the day eating, showering & watching tv. To be honest there isn't much else to do here, & the weather has meant we didn't explore much, apart from to the local shop.

Looking forward to getting moving again tomorrow around Lands End. I think the weather will be a challenge but I am due some rain so we'll see how it goes!

V x

Sent from my Windows Phone

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound the best place to hole up but at least you'll get some rest. You don't know me - I a stranger following your expedition with great interest and pleasure. Next year I plan to do this walk in a oner as well - though I am getting my luggage transported from campsite to campsite. Learning a lot from reading your blog.

    Best wishes - Isobel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vee!!! I've just read your entire blog in one sitting. It sounds like you're enjoying yourself :) I really wish I could come and join you for a few days if only I had the chance! I hope your feet and Rudy's paws aren't suffering too badly. Keep going! Lots of love, Lauren (and Henry!) xxx

    ReplyDelete