Tuesday 11 September 2012

Day 8 Westward Ho! to Clovelly

After a very wet & windy night where I thought the igloo tent would blow away Harry dropped me in WHo! early as he had to drive back to Somerset. :(

I was happy as Larry walking out of town along an easy coast path, chatting to dog walkers as we passed. Then after I reached Greencliff (where we had camped) the paths started to worsen. The rain had made them muddy & slippery, and they were so overgrown I could barely put one foot in front of the other. It was also up and down constantly which made for very hard going for a few miles.

After Peppercombe they started to improve and I stormed on past Bucks Mills through a lovely woodland all the way along to the top of Clovelly.

Clovelly is awesome, they have donkeys going up & down the high street & its so pretty. I decided to get a room in the pub as I wanted to explore the village & my campsite was up the hill another 1/2 hr in the wrong direction Oh alright I just didn't want to camp!!!  

Its wonderful, I showered, dried my stuff & took a wander around without my rucksack. Sometimes the problem with camping (apart from the obvious) is the sites are often a way out of town so you end up missing out on looking round.

I'm currently chilling in my room doing puzzles ( kindle broke already) ,after having a wander down to the harbour during which Rudy tried to make friends with any of the numerous cats that are sitting on the walls here, none of them were up for it. Just waiting for the pub to start doing food for dinner. I could definitely get used to this.

V x

Sent from my Windows Phone

1 comment:

  1. Hi Verity, glad you are still going strong, hope Rudy's paws aren't aching too much. Roger and I are in Polzeath at the Valley campsite until Friday so we may see you passing by, we've been boarding today. If we see you passing through we can say hi and have a coffee. My mobile 07773944489 Linda & Roger

    ReplyDelete