Tuesday 16 October 2012

Day 44 Exmouth to Sidmouth approx 10 miles

After a leisurely start to the day with a lovely cup of tea and toast made by Bev I set off down across the Maer towards the seafront. At the end of the beach I zigzagged up a concrete path to the top of Orcombe Point. This marks the start of the famous Jurassic Coast, with it red cliffs. The path was easy and not too muddy thankfully as it went past the Geoneedle, a big pointy landmark. The path went on until we reached Sandy Bay with its hundreds of mobile homes. There was lots of shooting going on at the army base and a group of soldiers as I walked up the hill out of the Bay. The path carried on relatively easily all the way to Budleigh, where it made ita way to the seafront with lots of people enjoying the sun. I met a nice couple who donated £20 which was lovely. At the end of the beach we had to make a big detour inland around a nature reserve which was actually quite fun, there were lots of birdwatchers around looking for interesting birds amount the reeds.

After this it was a grassy undulating walk to Ladram Bay, another caravan park, with some striking red cliff stacks in the sea.

I stopped for some lunch to give me energy for the hills I could see. Thru actually weren't bad though, as thet weren't steep. Through a conifer forest at the top and then down through a wood to come into Sidmouth. Or Benchmouth as I like to call it, as never in my life have I seen so many benches in my life. This could be to do with the popularity of Sidmouth with the older generation?

After a quick play on the beach, I was just in time for a bus back to Exmouth. Once there I hung out with Kelly in the shop where she works for a while, and stocked up on waterproofing spray for my jacket, before we came back up to thr house!

Lie in and rest day tomorrow!!!

Vx


Sent from my Windows Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment