Monday 1 October 2012

Day 29 Falmouth to Portloe 13.75 miles

I started out with 2 ferries from Falmouth to St Mawes and then onto Place in a very small dinghy.

It was weird to leave Falmouth which I know so well and wander towards an area which I don't know at all. It was really cool around the Roseland Peninsula though, with evergreen trees I felt like we were walking by a loch in Scotland. We negotiated a field with a huge bull & some mini bulls which was a bit hairy.

We quickly whizzed around past some lovely beaches but it was a much more empty coastline in general. We got to Portscatho and had a quick rest.

Past a really lovely big beach which I can't remember the name of sorry! Then started climbing up around Nare Head which is a very prominent headland with a little rocky island on the end.

Today was a struggle... My thigh which I was worried about before I started began to hurt which is very annoying. And in general my legs seemed to give up! Knees & ankles are aching, I don't know why my body seems to be suddenly rebelling. The rain making the paths slippery is not helping and on Saturday & today I walked really fast which is prob not a great idea.

We got to Portloe which is a tiny, picturesque fishing village. I managed to get directions uphill over some field and down a road to my campsite about a mile away.

We finally got there after a bit of a slog to realise the shop there had nothing in it at all (I thought it would because its a camping & caravanning site). This meant after I put up the tent ( using borrowed pega as I've lost mine somewhere!!) , I had to walk a mile & back down a road to a garage to get Rudy food and something for me for tea. Not a great day, sorry to moan, but some days are definitely harder than others! I'm hoping my legs sort themselves out soon.

The campsite has a tv room so I am chilling writing this in the warm & will probably go to bed early and make an early start as the forecast isn't great for tomo afternoon.

Vx

Sent from my Windows Phone

1 comment:

  1. Hi Verity, sorry to hear things are getting tough for you, we think you are a star and are doing really well. Look forward to catching up with you in Exmouth. Take care Luv Linda & Roger.

    ReplyDelete