Tuesday 2 October 2012

Day 30 Portloe to Mevagissey

I had a half hour walk back into the village and then started my day with :lovely steep lot of steps out of the harbour.

I had set off early because I wanted to get going before the weather turned bad and it was a really nice morning. I really like starting early its sometimes the nicest part of the day to walk in.

I trekked it round a rugged path past a couple of tiny villages to Caerhays Castle of which you could only see the big gates. Then a scary big cow & calf field combo which we survived. I think because Rudy is so scared of cows now (after being chased once) it makes be really brave. I had to physically shove some bullocks out of the way of the gate as well today. After this field we past a field of sheep and saw a dead one which was sad. All upended and bloated. But luckily the farmer came just after and took her away.

We climbed around prominent Dodman Point which has a huge stone cross on top (someone said it was the highest point in S Cornwall?).

From here we went around the headland into Gorran Haven. The first signs of the summer being truly over here as all the cafes were shut! Luckily one shop open where I got a sausage roll and picked up some food for Rudy.

From GH we went around another lower headland (where I saw another basking shark!!!, pointed out to me by another walker) which was awesome.

Into the small village of Portmellon which is adjoined to Mevagissey, where I  was staying in my favourite place to stay... Above the pub.

Giving my dodgy leg a rest now in the room. It wasn't so bad today but still not great.

Had an interesting evening in the pub chatting to an old (& slightly weird) man. Quick exit to the room.

Vx

Meeting mum in Polmear

Sent from my Windows Phone

2 comments:

  1. Bubba! Stop seeing sharks already! Mega jealous! X x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you; brilliant blog. The Mark walkers (and builders!) are impressed!!! Lots of love Jer, Lou & Hats xxx

    ReplyDelete