Monday 8 October 2012

Day 36 Plymouth to Wembury Beach 13.5 miles

It was a damp grey morning through Plymouth this morning as I made my way through the city to the Waterfront Walkway.

To be honest I wasn't really looking forward to the 7 odd miles through the city with Rudy on the lead but it wasn't too bad. In the city past the Barbican & the aquarium there was wide walkway with interesting stuff as I passed. Then came some not so great industrial sites with glass on the pavements and I was worried about Rudy's paws but they must be super strong now because she was fine.

Around the other side of the water we passed Mount Batten and the pier and came past Jenny Cliff.

It was really misty today and into the woods out of the city it was quite spooky. This wasn't helped when I saw a sign that said a "big cat" had been seen locally. I was actually quite freaked out as I couldn't see anything more than 20 metres but luckily the beast remained hidden.

There were nice low cliffs around past Haybrook Bay and along to Wembury Beach. I wasn't meeting Tabby until later so I decided to carry on to the ferry point (it isn't running) so we could drive around the other side of the River Yealm tomorrow morning and save time.

I made my way back to Wembury Village and from there to the B&B Tab and I are staying at tonight, which is a funny big house stuck in a time warp, orange and brown playing a predominant part in the bedroom colour scheme.

Night in the pub with my little sis!

V x




Sent from my Windows Phone

1 comment:

  1. Yey! Hope you both have a lovely day tomorrow. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete