Sunday 7 October 2012

Day 35 Portwrinkle to Plymouth 13.5 miles

After a cold night, we had a bit of a palaver after we realised we'd left Harry's bank card in Polperro so we set off later than usual at gone 10am.

It was a funny morning as we trekked past a big rifle range. We looked down (harry wistfully) far below at the surfers in the water.

We reached a weird place where we were on a road for a mile or so. It had loads and loads of tiny wooden houses that people could only reach by narrow paths. Odd.

My leg had been really hurting this morning but luckily it eased off a bit this avo.

We started to walk around Rame Head which was more od the scenery I've been used to, with gorse and wild ponies and a cool little stone building on the headland. From here it was an easy 3 mile walk, latterly through a pretty woodland down into Cawsand and Kingsands which were two little adjoined villages.

From here it was another nearly 3 miles to Cremyll through a parkland and more woods which was really nice walking.

We made our way back to the car in Portwrinkle and went across the car ferry at Torpoint and Harry dropped me at my B&B in Plymouth, the biggest city on the SWCP. Weird to be in such a built up area. We have a long road walk tomorrow morning all the way through the city, which I don't think Rudy will enjoy very much! But then a few miles out of the city we'll meet my little sister Tabby in Wembury, who I haven't seen for 2 months so I'm very excited!!!

Vx


Sent from my Windows Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment