Wednesday 3 October 2012

Day 31 Mevagissey to Polmear 11.25 miles

I had an extra mile this morning from Portmellon into Mevagissey which was mostly on roads and through a small park.

In Mevagissey I started up the hill above the harbour and this hill set the tone for the morning as it was up and down a lot!!! In this damp weather going downhill is as hard as going up as its all slippery underfoot. They've also recently strimmed all the vegetation and its strewn on the path making it even more slippy. Basically all this means its more tiring to walk!

As I was slowly edging my way slowly down a steep slope a jogger ran past me and frightened the life out of me and I shouted "f@#k" reallllly loudly by accident, whoops.

We had to detour inland around Pentewan Holiday Park, and then uphill again. We went around another Black Head and started the easier descent past Charlestown which looked an interesting place with lots of old ships in the harbour, and into St Austell.

From here it was around a golf course after which I got slightly lost and ended up going along a beach and scrambling up the other side to come out inside Par Docks which wasn't great. From here it was on roads into Par and along behind Par Sands to meet mum in Polmear.

A bit of a miserable day weather wise but I cranked up the iPod and vibed out to Kiss Classics which saw me through!

Mum & I drove to Lostwithiel to a dog friendly b&b which is lovely. Have Just been out for some proper food (meatballs) which is nice after sandwiches and mars bars. 

Short day tomorrow to Fowey, looking forward to walking with Mum again!

V x






Sent from my Windows Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment