Monday 20 August 2012

Two Weeks To Go!!!

Two weeks today I will starting my (quite short) first day from Minehead to Porlock, it will only be nine miles but it will start me off on my mega-walk around the coast.

We've been busy planning for the party on Saturday by writing loads of emails and letters to local companies to try and get prizes donated to the raffle and for the party itself. There's been a pretty good response, the best being a barrel (72 pints!) of Ale from Butcombe (worth nearly £100 so really generous of them), which is amazing. We've got some other great raffle prizes & we'll be having a deluxe BBQ so we'll have a fabulous time, although the weather is looking a bit tricky for the weekend however so it may turn into a house party...

Still feeling a bit underprepared kit-wise for the walk, having not got my rucksack or sleeping matt yet, I'll have to buy them this week. However, I've got boots and I've got a tent (what more do you need?!) so I'll be alright. New tent was looking good in the garden when I was practicing putting it up. --->>


I've been on the couchsurfing website to try and find some coastal dwellers willing to put me and Rudy up for the night along the way, and I've managed to find people in St. Ives & Falmouth so far which will be interesting! Hopefully staying with some local people along the path will make the experience even better. And I'll probably be desperate for some human interaction to prevent me going loopy & start speaking "dog".

That's it really, apart from to say, hope to see you at the party- It's going to be a cracker!

V x

www.justgiving.com/Verity-Stokes1









No comments:

Post a Comment