Tuesday 28 August 2012

Extra £1,000 raised!

We had a very successful party on Saturday night, where we raised £400 from the BBQ and raffle. Together with the ticket auction we've raised another £1,000 which puts me on target for the £5,000 I originally set out to raise. AMAZING.

It was a great night, special thanks to Chewton Farm who gave us all the meat for the barbie, which was delicious & made it possible to raise even more money. Also to Mum and Melzie who baked a loooad of cakes which were yummy & just what we needed after a shed load of meat. Also to Karen & Neil who helped me cook 40+ burgers & 50 + sausages as let's be honest.... I'm not a natural barbequer.

Thanks to all the companies who donated raffle prizes... especially The Chocolate Society, we had some very happy women (sexist?... sorry!) who went away very happy. And the New Manor Farm Shop for the hamper. Awesome.

Anyway a lot of you came a good few hours to come to the party so thank you ALL!

Right, off in a few days so just doing some last minute preparations. I have just been persuaded to buy a Kindle by Melzie & Col, so we'll see how that goes, but I'm already thinking it's a great idea.

Still time to donate before I go if you fancy??

V xx

www.justgiving.com/Verity-Stokes1

No comments:

Post a Comment