Thursday 10 May 2012

The Down-Low

So, I'm walking the South West Coast Path, which goes around Somerset, Devon, Cornwall & Dorset. It's 630 miles long. So quite a long way really. It seemed a good idea at the time... Actually I am genuinely very excited about the adventure coming my way.

I'm going to be walking with my dog, Rudy, & we'll be camping all the way around. It's roughly 45 days walking, but add on an extra week for rest days etc. All in all, about eight weeks on the road.

Why...?

I'm raising money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association. My dad passed away in 1998 from the illness, so it was the obvious choice when deciding which charity I would like to try and raise money for.

So that's a very brief run-down. I'm going to be posting on here what I'm up to training & fundraising-wise. So check back and see how I'm doing if you fancy...

www.justgiving.com/Verity-Stokes1

No comments:

Post a Comment