Saturday 12 May 2012

Ode to Rudy


Some of you may be aware I am pretty fond of pooches, but none so much as the one above, Rudy. Harry & I have owned her since she was nine weeks old and she is a gorgeous, amusing and extremely clever creature. (We think anyway...)

Personally, I don't see how anyone could resist that face, but I am aware not everyone shares that opinion & I'm slightly biased...

So, walking the SWCP with a dog is arguably quite a bit of extra hassle. I have to carry her food, bed, more water on route, make sure campsites etc. are dog friendly and generally keep a constant eye on her to make she doesn't go careering over the edge of a cliff.

However, I walk with Rudy every single day so going on a 630-mile walk without would seem bizarre and very lonely. And there is a lot to be said for the constant enthusiasm and excitement of a dog on the days (hopefully not too frequent) that I just don't feel like getting up! Also, on the off-chance a deranged hiker accosts me on a remote hilltop, I'll have some canine protection...

In a nutshell, I adore her like no other and I couldn't even contemplate setting off on the journey without the little monster. So she's a-coming with me.

www.justgiving.com/Verity-Stokes1





No comments:

Post a Comment