Friday 25 May 2012

£1,000 DONATIONS!


So... I'm pretty much famous in the Valley now. I wrote this article for the local paper and they included it with a photo which is awesome and will hopefully generate a few more donations. Wally, our octogenarian neighbour rang me from next-door to tell me I was in the paper and he had picked up an extra copy for me. That's village life.

Today we hit the £1,000 mark on the donations which is absolutely amazing so a humungous thank you to everyone who has donated so far.

Melzie and I travelled to Ulverston in Cumbria to interview a dude called Paddy Dillon last week. Paddy is a guide book writer who I had emailed a couple of times because I am using his book to plan my route for the SWCP. He was brilliant, a really funny guy, which is kind of surprising for someone who spends so much time walking around the countryside by themselves. He also let me borrow the coastline maps for the SWCP, so cheers Paddy!

Melze & I sampled a couple of miles of the Cumbria Way which was insanely beautiful and p.s. Ulverston is a cool little town with a Buddhist Temple nearby, they were actually expecting hundreds of monks that weekend for a festival.

Paddy walks long-distances all the time so the SWCP is no big deal to him, however I found a very comprehensive blog of a guy who walked Offa's Dyke with his dog (180 miles) which made me think I should be doing a lot more training & organising. So I'm going to get my ass in gear with the equipment etc. very soon. As for the training, Melze & I are going to be walking some of Offa's Dyke next week so we will see how that goes...!

www.justgiving.com/Verity-Stokes1


1 comment:

  1. Great work Vee! Let's hope this article generates some more donations!

    ReplyDelete