Thursday 10 May 2012

Inspiration...

I read a book called "Two Feet, Four Paws" by a lady called Spud Talbot-Ponsonby, who walked the entire coastline of Britain (4,500 miles) in the 90's with her dog, Tess. She happened to be 27 when she started it too. She walked it to raise money for the charity Shelter, I think she raised about £60,000 which is incredible, especially given the lack of social networking and all that jazz back then.

I thought, well... I've got a dog so I'm halfway there already. I wasn't too sure I could spare the ten months it would take to walk the entire coast, so the SWCP seemed the next best thing. Also, the thought of the SWCP gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling as it's where I've grown up and holidayed my whole life. Although I'm sure I won't be feeling quite so warm and fuzzy when I'm stranded, alone, on a windy cliff top.

I'm quite jealous of Spud's tagline (Two feet, Four Paws) as I can't for the life of me think of a good one for our expedition, hence 'The Walk'. My imagination knows no boundaries. Suggestions very welcome...

www.justgiving.com/Verity-Stokes1

No comments:

Post a Comment